The ECS-HSR Division is committed to enhancing the knowledge and application of Good Research Practice (GRP) principles by providing educational presentations and conducting Research Investigator Start-Up Education (RISE) reviews for newly approved IRB studies.
The following educational topics are available in our Video Presentations Library:
- Multicenter Research: Investigator-Sponsored IND/IDE
- Emergency Access to Investigational Products
- Good Research Practices
The following documentation tools and templates are available throughout our website:
- Good Clinical Practices (GCP) Toolbox
- Investigational New Drug (IND) Templates, and
- Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) Templates.
Good Research Practices Education
The ECS-HSR recognizes that conducting a research study can be challenging and has developed a presentation entitled Good Research Practices. This presentation is offered on a routine basis and on video. However, if you would like to schedule a presentation for your research team contact ECS-HSR at ECS-HSR@pitt.edu.
The presentation provides a brief two to three-hour review of:
- Federal regulations and NIH policies surrounding GCPs in human subject research,
- Investigator Responsibilities,
- Tips for Protocol Adherence,
- Informed Consent Process,
- Study Documentation, and
- Regulatory File Maintenance.
The presentation may be beneficial for the following individuals:
- Investigators new to research,
- Investigators new to the University,
- Research staff new to research, or
- Existing research staff.